Tonight I had the privilege of dining with some great friends to celebrate my birthday. I was a frazzled mess when I arrived, but like the good friends they are, they were welcoming and loving. The food was slow in coming, I had to step out to feed Soph in the car, and my clothes and hair were just "off." After a quick piece of ice cream cake, we headed to the movies to see Julie and Julia. What I saw of the movie, I really enjoyed and will just have to wait to see the rest. Jaime attempted to feed Soph a breastmilk bottle and she simply said, "no thanks Dad, I am not interested. " She just happened to use an awfully pitiful cry that was breaking my heart over the phone. I felt like a terrible mother, but I rushed home and fed my baby what she has eaten for the last 6 months of her little life. She fell right to sleep, with a full tummy and a consoled heart. As I was holding her, I was just thinking how blessed I truly am. I have an amazing husband, a wonderful daughter, an incredible family, and the best friends a girl could ask for. I am a part of something that is so much bigger than me and I belong. I belong to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and to the family of believers that gather under His name. I "fit" not because of who I am or what I have, but because I have trusted in God's love for me-in His Son, Jesus Christ and His precious atonement for my sin. As I turn another year older, I have been reminded of this work the Lord began in me long before I knew Him. He is not finished with me yet, and the work He began in me, He will complete. Hallelujah, because I feel like a train wreck has occurred here. The school calendar says summer is ending, but I feel like mine is just beginning. Soph and I are working out the kinks of mommying and daughtering together, and we are just getting our footing. I look forward to this new year and pray for wisdom to profit this pilgrim and peace to stay my heart. Thank you to each and every one of my dear friends who have and are enduring my many transitions. Don't give up on me yet, the sun is shining through now! I love ya'll BIG!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy Happy birthday Brittney, we love you, have a great day...mom
Happy Birthday, Britt! Love you...
Hi Brittney, I don't know if you remember me, I was in Phi Lamb for a couple years. I think I was a freshman your senior year. It was so long ago and my pregnant brain doesn't remember things well right now. Anyway, I blogged a couple weeks ago and mentioned that I was considering cloth diapering for my second go-round and Shaunna Dawson said that you were doing it with your little one and might have some pointers. So if you get a chance, I know with a little one spare time isn't just overflowing, do you think you could email me and tell me what you use and where you get it, pros and cons, etc.? My email addy is holifield312@yahoo.com. I'm not due until December, so there's no rush, I'm just trying to glean as much info as I can.
I also didn't know that you married Jaime Ellis. I worked for Jorge for a few years in college, you've married into a wonderful family. And they're pretty lucky to have you! And Sophia has to be one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. Those eyes!
Hope your birthday was just as wonderful as you! Love you!
Hey chica! I AM in SA-town for just a little bit longer. Hubs gets home from Germany in a very short (hopefully) 3 weeks or so. Then we head off to NC to regain our footing & that is where we will have this precious baby. :) Unfortunately, we won't be here with the whole family, but that's what we've been handed. While I have been here, I have been seeing Dr. Dunham at Shannon. He's a family friend, so of course I enjoy him. Looks like things are going fabulously for you & you're family is beautiful! Happy late birthday too, by the way! :)
Post a Comment