Saturday, March 29, 2008

O-scopy!!

Well....the doctor ran some blood tests to check for Sprew and cancer, and he also lined me up for a colonoscopy and an EDG.  Anything with an "o-scopy" sounds really scary.  I have never had any kind of surgery in my entire life.  The nurse so gingerly explained to me that I will be conciously sedated and will not feel a thing.  I have never had to be sedated either, so I sure am praying my body will handle that well.  I am thankful for tests and doctors and the whole of the medical field, but I will shout for joy, when, prayerfully, all is finished, and my stomach is okay.  On to other news, Jaime is helping with a Walk to Emmaus this weekend and he has been gone since Thursday.  It is our first time to be apart since June 16, our wedding day.  It has gone well, but I sure miss my husband, and I am realizing how blessed I am to have him.  Harvey, our little Jack-Russell-Havanese mix, says hello to all.  I love dogs!  Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

catherine shea politte said...

Hey Brittney -- I had no idea you were going through so much trouble with your stomach. I appreciate your perspective, though -- what a beautiful thing to rejoice in tribulation!! When is your o-scopy??? I miss you!!

Heather said...

Hope to see you soon. I am excited about your new blog. We need to catch up.

Brittney said...

Shea B it is on Wednesday, but the worst day will be Tues. afternoon and evening. Love you!