Friday, September 12, 2008

Something for the Sweet Tooth

I just wanted to share three treats with you guys that I made for my Bible study group!  They were a big hit and simple to make.  


Oreo Truffles (Oreo Balls): 1 bag Oreos and 8oz. of softened cream cheese, almond bark.  You put your Oreos in a food processor or blender until they are a finely crumbled.  Then add your cream cheese and mix well.  Form your mixture into bite-sized balls and freeze for 30 minutes.  Dip your Oreo balls into either chocolate or white chocolate Almond Bark (bakers chocolate).  Keep refrigerated and serve cold.

Red Velvet Truffles (Cake Balls): 1 boxed cake mix, 1 tub frosting, almond bark. Choose any type of boxed cake mix and follow instructions.  Once you have baked the cake, crumble it up and add ready-made frosting of your choosing.  Mix thoroughly and form into balls.  Freeze for 30 minutes and dip in chocolate.  Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

Buckeyes (Peanut Butter Balls): 1 1/2cups peanut butter, 1 cup softened butter, 6 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, almond bark.  Combine all ingredients and form small balls.  Freeze for 30 minutes and then dip in chocolate, leaving a small opening at the top so they resemble the buckeye nuts.  Keep refrigerated and serve cold.  (This is a gluten free recipe).

I used toothpicks to dip the balls and it made much less of a mess.

Have a marvelous weekend and enjoy the rain!
 

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Yummy! It all sounds yummy. Remember I made the oreo balls for the Valentine party at school last year? I love them. The peanut butter ones sound delcious.

Abby said...

I think I gained weight just reading that! YUM! I made "puppy chow" for my fam last night and it is mmmm-mmmm :) Thanks for the recipes!

Shaunna said...

MMMMM....I've had the Oreo balls before and they are YUMMY! Hope to try the others out sometime soon!
Thanks for sharing with us!!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Bryan and I made the oreo balls last Christmas as gifts! THey were ohhhh so good, but messy to make!

Brittany, Ryan and Jackson said...

Hey, This is Brittany Oates (Boates) from Camp Buckner. I can't believe I found you. It has been several years. Wow, time flies. I see that you are a wife and mother. Congrats on that. Well, I hope we can catch up sometime. My blog is http://hookshappenings-brittanyandryan.blogspot.com/
Talk to you soon.
Brittany

Brittany, Ryan and Jackson said...

I made the desserts for my life group and they were a big hit, the oreo balls seem to be the favorite. Great idea!