Saturday, October 4, 2008

1/2 Way

We are almost half way there and I am so excited!  Our next appointment is on the 13th, along with a high-tech VHS recording of our little peanut.  VHS you say....why yes!  It is the latest in technological advances, and my dear friend Gidge has offered to convert it into DVD form, so I can at least watch it in my very own home.  The doctor's office has not forked over the dinero for an updated machine, but I still am impressed with his many years of experience.  

Pregnancy is a humbling experience, to say the least.  I am learning this first hand and have heard plenty of stories.  My belly keeps growing and I am pretty sure I no longer have a waist.  It is also a wee bit on the exhausting side.  Many other changes are taking place too, such as major hormone imbalances.  Poor Jaime, he never knows what he is going to get with me.  He has been wonderful and so very patient.  I love my husband and I am so tremendously blessed to be his wife!  
We have chosen a few names: Eva Sophia for a little girl and Oliver John for a little boy.  I feel like I am just going to have to see that little face, before I can officially name it, even if we were finding out.  I can feel this precious little baby moving around inside me and it is the most incredible feeling.  I cannot wait to see him or her.  I am so curious to see her skin and eyes.  By the way, I think it is a girl and Jaime thinks it is a boy.  50/50 on the winner!
October is busy, busy, busy.  I have started tutoring for the school district three days a week.  My Dad, bro Brooks, and bro Blake all have birthdays this week.  I have 2 baby showers to attend, plus another trip to Dallas at the end of the month.  My sister, sister-in-law, and I are throwing a Halloween party for our younger cousins, nieces, and nephews.  It is next Saturday and we really are running a little short on time and planning!  We will get it together and it will be a blast, as long as we can sew those wings to our pants (so we can fly by them)!
So that is life in Ellis land for now.  We are growing and learning more each day and we pray you are too! 

4 comments:

Shaunna said...

We need a pregnancy picture!! PPLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!

Glad things are going well!

The names you have chosen are too cute!

Brittney said...

It feels silly taking a pic of yourself, but I will do it at the halloween party!

Heather said...

1/2 way already. WOW. I agree post a picture please!

Kristy said...

Great update. 1/2 way? Wow! Time flies! It is so fun feeling the baby moving, isn't it? Are you trying to figure out his/her personality by all that moving? Titus was super active in my tummy and still is! The Dr. used the term "aggressive little guy"--but I like to think "athletic". ha! LOVE those names too. It is really fun being surprised! I will keep praying for you and the next several months--keep the updates coming.