Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quick update

Hello blogland!  All is well here on the homefront.  I have been enjoying not tutoring for the last few weeks.  I have been able to focus on more important things like budgeting, decorating, and my dear friends.  Even today I had lunch with two great friends and mommies, Ashley and Ashley.  I feel like I am in major crunch time to gain some valuable parenting/birthing/pregnancy tips.  I know I still have 14 1/2 weeks to go, but I think my nesting phase has started way early.  I still think I am having a girl and the hubs still thinks it is a boy, though he often refers to her as a her.  My sister is coming down for a whole week and I am so excited.  She is super creative and crafty, so I hope to get a good start on decorating the nursery.  I will be sure to put up some pictures once there is more than just pretty robin egg blue paint.  We are ordering the crib this week and it should be in next month.  My last doctors appointment went well and the doc did not mention my weight!  Can I get a hallelujah for that one!  That will surely "weigh" a sister down.  This baby is growing and making me feel quite large.  I know this is normal, but it feels everything but normal.  I am so grateful for a healthy baby and pregnancy thus far, and pray it will continue.  Next appointment I drink the sugar laced orange liquid.  Eek, I heard it is bad!  In the next few weeks we hope to get the 3D sonogram done for a sweet memento.   Other than baby news, I have begun putting up Christmas decorations.  My thoughts are that we don't get to enjoy it long enough, so I am starting early.  I also put my Fall decor out too early, but to each his own, right?  I was thinking ahead to next year's Christmas and the fact that, Lord willing, we will have a 9 1/2 to 10 month old baby with us.  That is amazing and a bit scary!!  That is where we are in EllisEllisLand.  How are you?  

8 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about you today. I will try to call you tomorrow. Love you.

Kari said...

Yay for Christmas decorations! I think I am going to put my tree up this weekend...so I'm right there with ya!

Kari said...

I forgot to say....I saw that Babies r Us (sp?) has free shipping tomorrow (thurs) on orders over $50. Dont know if you need anything from there, but it's a pretty good deal if it was something big and normally expensive to ship. ....just thinkin' bout ya.

Kelly Sellers said...

You have a lot of great things going on with you right now! I know you must be ecstatic to be a mommy! and, we decorated for Christmas last Tuesday, so you're not alone, hah! Glad to hear things are great for you!

Anonymous said...

yes the sugar drink is pretty bad BUT it goes a lot faster than you think. And as far as feeling big....well...what can I say it happens! I am sure you look beautiful as ever!!! Love ya!

Shaunna said...

I didn't think the orange stuff was too bad...Just drink it fast;)

Hope we get to see those 3D sono pics!! Those pictures were one of my most favorite memories of being pregnant- Love it!!

Are you at Community or Shannon?? Who is your doc? Just curious;)

Brittney said...

Shannon and Sutliff. I hope they turn out, and if so I will post some.

Ashley said...

Oh, the orange drink isn't that bad...Katy lets you bring it home. Stick it in the fridge. It's just a little sweeter than a sunkist drink. You'll be fine!

You better bring that sweet baby by this week so I can meet her. And see Kristin, too, of course!

I had a great time at lunch the other day. I, too, am so thankful for your friendship!