Thursday, December 11, 2008

Time for a little Praise

Can I just say Hallelujah!!  Today I took the 3 hour glucose tolerance test and it came back negative!  I was so worried for the last three days.  I originally thought I was out of the woods, because my doctor's office had not responded  for over a day and a half.  They had told me no news is good news.  Well then they called and said my sugar was a little high on the original 1 hour test.  I cried because I was so upset and did not want to have gestational diabetes.  I know there are much worse things, but couple the possibility with a first time pregnancy and whoa!  So needless to say this afternoon, I called all the fam and shared the good news and sent those praises flying!  The Lord is good, even if I would have ended up with g.d., He is still good and always in control. 

A few other exciting events took place this week.  On Wednesday I walked out of the public workplace for the next several years.  Enter "Mommyhood."  I am excited and a bit nervous.  The other exciting news is that we received our crib and Jaime has already put it together.  We plan to go and get the baby's mattress next weekend.  Only 11 weeks to go!!  Oh my!  Also only 14 days until Christmas.  Does it feel like it snuck up on anyone else?  I love this holiday season. 

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Brittney...it was so good to see you a few days ago. You look great! I'm thankful that the glucose test came back negative. Can't wait for that precious little one you arrive.

Kristy said...

Yeah--praise God! Way to get through those tough (and gross) tests! I will be praying for you--you are so close! Jesus is with you and will get you through these last weeks--I hope they are joyful for you! My only "pregnancy/new mommy" advice: "don't listen o anyone's advice who has less than 6 children!!!!" --including me! Seriously, if you are like me, some moms had me a little scared at what was to come--but I got the most encouragement from those with big families. :) What a blessing children are!

Ashley said...

Yay! Praise God! I can't believe it's only 11 weeks. I think we definitely need to get in some more lunches between now and then!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Praise Jesus for Great news!! :)

Heather said...

Glads things turned out well. Thanks for calling. I really enjoyed talking to you at the beginning of the week. Love you.