Cute brothers and b.i.l.'s
Got this for Jaime and it is hilarious
Just to preface this post, I have a severe case of pregnancy brain. I will do my best to remember and to write about the last 20+ days, in short form of course. We had a lovely Christmas this year. It was time well spent with my immediate family and Jaime's too. I even learned how to make delicious Hungarian Kremes. They are similar to an American cream puff, just 10 times more delicioso. My sweet Aunt Lucie let me mess up her dishes and kitchen as she taught me how to make my great Grandma Roman's recipe. My sister and her family were here quite a while, so of course I took full advantage of playtime with my 6 month old niece Reese. She is such a ham. On Christmas Eve day I decorated cookies with my sweet niece Aidan. We went to a short service at church and then to dinner with the Ellis'. We opened pj's at Jorge and Amy's and then came home to open our gifts to each other. Jaime was so sweet to get me tons of things I love and things I needed. He is a fantastic husband year round! We awoke Christmas morning and had brunch and presents with the Ellis' and watched movies. After a quick rest at home, we headed to Mom's and Dad's to open gifts and have Christmas dinner. It was a blast! Ashton and Reese made out like bandits. The big kids drew a name and filled the corresponding stocking. That also was a lot of fun. We all pitched in and got Mom and Dad a table book filled with pictures of the grands and us, of course. Mom cried, which we totally expected. It was a marvelous Christmas celebration. Post Christmas day we hung out, played games, and enjoyed each others company. New Year's Eve we spent with the Ellis'. Jaime and I called it quits around 11, due to my stomach ache. Earlier that day I also went to see 7 Pounds with my Mom. (This recap is for my fallible memory, but thank you for reading).
On a side note, I am thrilled to begin a new year. There is so much in store and we can't wait to see all that the Lord does in 2009. I also cannot wait for my precious son or daughter to get here. The pregnancy has taken over--- body and brain. Praying wonderful blessings for you and yours this new year! His mercies are NEW every morning.
4 comments:
love what you did with the blog! Nice to hear what ya'll did over the holidays. Miss you.
Suzanne
Hey Britt! Glad to see you are doing well! That pregnancy brain can really make you feel like a weirdo huh? I remember when I was about 7 or 8 months pregnant, I was driving here in Pleasanton and then all of a sudden I didn't know where I was! lol..i had to pull over and think about it for a while...it will get better eventually. :)
You are looking GREAT!!
ps- We have the same blog backgrounds!! hehe
You're getting so close Brit!! I can't wait to pictures of your sweet baby boy or girl!I can't believe you guys have made it this long without findinig out the sex...I could never do it! What a great surprise it will be for you guys!!
Love ya and looking forward to more updates!
Post a Comment