Monday, January 26, 2009

One down, 4 1/2-ish to go

Hello dear friends!  The last week has flown by and I have not told you about my first baby shower.  Sad to say, I did not personally take one picture, but my friends and sister did.  Still waiting for them so I can post a few--namely Kari and Whoppa.  My shower was so nice and we received a ton of gifts.  From the 9 hostesses, we got peanut's bedding and it is so cute.  You guys are going to have to wait for pics of the nursery, as many final touches will not be added until post baby.  We got so many special gifts and I am still working on thank you cards.  I will get there, it just is taking more time than I thought.  If you want to see a super cool diaper bag that my sister handmade me, go to her blog and check it out.  She also has pictures from the shower for you to see.  It was so nice to spend that special time with family and friends!  

This weekend I received a surprise little stomach bug.  That was awful, but we are back up and running.  That is the first time I have been that kind of sick in a long time.  Today I had my 35 week appointment and all is looking good.  Still measuring a week ahead of schedule and the little pumpkin is riding high.  Next week begins the infamous checks, and I am a little nervous, even though it is going to get so much worse, before it ever gets better.  Modesty is no more friends.  Sad day, sad day.  This weekend I am looking forward to another shower with Bunco and church friends.  It promises to be a grand time.  Our Bible study is going well and I have started to mentor one of our high school youth.  She is a fantastic girl and I would ask that you please pray for guidance and direction for our time spent together.  I want it to be profitable and lasting, and the near future will bring about some challenges (extra-curricular schedules, new baby, etc.).  Now it is time for supper, because this prego is hungry!  Have a marvelously chilly week!
    
These are some of my great friends from the late Camp Buckner.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got to get you those pics! Sorry, friend :)