Monday, January 12, 2009
Weekend behind, week ahead
Update: All is well, per the doc. I am measuring 34 weeks and we will return in 2. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.
On Saturday Jaime and I took a little trip to San Antonio. It was definitely our last as a duo, and we had a great time. We ate at Mi Tierra downtown, which was a first for me. It is very authentic Mexican food, not Tex-Mex. Definitely recommend it if you have not been before. Super colorful and they even have a bakery, filled with every type of Mexican treat you can think of. I refrained because I had seen a Krispy Kreme on our way in. I really don't even like KK's, but I was wanting some doughnut holes. Sidenote: when we were in NYC for the first time last Thanksgiving, they had a Dunkin Donuts on most streets corners. All I wanted was some donut holes, in a city busting at the seams with diverse cuisines. Blame it on the childhood memories at our local DD's. Back to our trip.... We viewed the Alamo from the car and drove around downtown. Tons of horse drawn carriages, which reminded me of Central Park. We headed to Babies R' Us to purchase a much needed mattress for the crib. We picked up a few other things and headed over to the DSW and then on to La Cantera. A lady at Macy's politely told me they don't carry maternity clothes. I was hoping they might because Nordstrom does, but Macy's is quite a bit cheaper. A little embarrassing, but I recovered well and we went to the GAP, which has been a life saver for this pregnant body. I found a few things to wear for my showers that are coming up. We got some frozen yogurt at Marble Slab and got back in the car. No time for Krispy Kreme doughnut holes. Sad, but true.
This week is a full one. Today I get to go see my OB and this evening we have Bunco!! Yay! Tomorrow I am having lunch with a dear friend and I hope to get more advice on this birthing ordeal. I have a sinking suspicion we may not make it to the child birthing classes, which is a little unnerving. We started a new Bible study on Wednesday nights called Anointed, Transformed, and Redeemed. I think it is going to be great and help me make it to the end of my pregnancy. I am bringing this week's dessert and I don't have any good ideas yet so I may have to go the already made route. Friday my sister and her family are coming for my baby shower on Saturday morning. I am super excited about this shower and getting further along in decorating the nursery. It is not nearly ready yet. I also am having another shower on the 31st. I am one blessed young woman and I am so grateful for my loving friends and family. If I get any interesting news at this appointment I will post it later. Have a wonderful week!
Posted by Brittney at 7:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
girl now you make me want a donut hole-ha!! love you friend, glad to hear you are doing well!!!
If you like brownies and choco chip cookies ... here is a yummy recipe for the mixture!!
http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009/01/thaaank-you-betty.html
I think you should post a picture of yourself ... for those of us who haven't seen you in awhile!! :)
I will post some pics from the shower on
Saturday! Thanks for being patient. The baby bump is rather large now!
Enjoy those baby showers-They are so much fun!!!
I know you're anxious for that baby, but enjoy these last few weeks with that little one in your belly....i'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment