Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Waiting

Here we are, only 2 1/2 weeks to go.  I am beside myself with the idea that he/she could arrive at any moment.  It feels like waiting for Christmas morning as a child.  I never slept well because I was so excited about unknown gifts, and I did not want to miss hearing Santa and his reindeer.  I find myself in all sorts of frenzies trying to get prepared.  I finally packed my suitcase yesterday, but there is only so much you can put in until last minute.  We went to childbirth class on Saturday and the reality of all things "birthing" sunk in.  I have known for a long time much of what is involved in giving birth, but now that I am the one....Whoa!  So needless to say, I am a bit apprehensive about it.  I am praying for great nurses to guide this ship safely into the harbor.  I really cannot believe we are down to the last little bit.  I am trying to get as much rest as possible and to enjoy this quickly passing season.  Our little peanut will be here before we know it, so we are just waiting and enjoying each others company.  I have an appointment on Thursday to see if we have progressed and I will post again then.  Thanks for coming along on this journey with us.  Please continue to pray for a healthy baby and safe delivery.  

4 comments:

Shaunna said...

I know the waiting game can feel like such a looonnng process! I felt like the last few weeks before I had Addi were the LONGEST weeks of my life! Praying you and Jamie enjoy these last days together, just the two of you, and praying for a smooth labor and delivery for you and your sweet peanut! I'm so excited for you Brit! Keep us posted:)

Ashley said...

Enjoy these last couple of weeks together. And journal...a lot about your feelings and emotions of it all. That's something I regret not doing (see my blog today about that!). I'm praying for you and so excited for you!!!

Kristin said...

We can't wait to meet him! Little Oliver! Reese misses her Britt!

Cami said...

I sure do love you sweet girl!!! You are going to be such an amazing momma!!! Prayin for ya sis! And YES!! lets get together...Friday maybe?? lemme know ;)