Friday, February 13, 2009

We are moving along!!

After a great lunch at Outback with great friends named Ashley and Ashley, I came home and worked in the baby's room.  I had about 2 hours before my doctor's appointment, so I needed to stay busy.  These pictures are the fruit of my labor, with the help of a handy dandy staple gun on loan from Mom and Dad.  What do you think of the nursery so far?         

The glider was given to us by some dear friends and we recovered it.  Aunt Lucie helped with the cushions and I did the footstool with the staple gun.  Still waiting on the twin comforter until we know what we are having.

Here is the peanut's crib and bedding.  I hung Oliver's name just for the hubs and he put the remaining letters of Sophia's name in the crib.  The ribbon is brown with white polka dots.

  The shadow box pictures were really fun to make.  My sister Whop, sis-in-law Holly, and I each made one for the baby's room.  The pack and play is also ready and assembled, but cannot go in our room until the new carpet comes on Tuesday.  We really are so close now and I cannot focus my mind on much besides having this little one.  I feel a little loopy and a lot cumbersome!  I am 1cm dilated and 60% effaced for anyone wanting to know where we are at.  Next appointment is Thursday unless the peanut decides to come sooner.  Have a happy Valentine's Day and a great weekend.

14 comments:

Andrea said...

The nursery looks awesome, Britt! I can't wait for the little one to finally be here and to get to enjoy all the adorable pictures! :)

Shaunna said...

It looks waaayy cute Britt!!

Yay for a good Dr.'s appointment and yay for progress!!

Emily said...

How cute! I love the room! That is SO exciting! It's getting so close... we'll be praying for yall!

Unknown said...

Britt......looks so CUTE....except for the sketchy porcelain doll in the chair! Scary! Just kidding. Can't wait for little Oliver to get here! Love you!

Brittney said...

Haha Whop! My great grandmother made that doll for me and if this little one is not a girl, we are going to have to put it in storage. It will probably have to be put up either way, but that is the story on my pretty porcelain doll.

Ashley said...

I had such a good time at lunch! And I can't wait to come hold that baby and do your laundry for you. I LOVE the baby room. I need to come see it for real. In real life. Love you girl!

mimi said...

Britt, everything looks great.....can't wait for the little peanut to get here....love you both...mom

Heather said...

Looks wonderful. I can't wait to meet your little one.

Cami said...

I love it sweet girl!! It is SUPER CUTE!! Yahoo that you are already making some progress :) I loved hangin out the other day...you are just so precious and I am constantly blessed by your friendship...love ya friend!

Roman's Roost said...

Can't wait to see your little one! Nursery looks good! Hang in there and try and rest before the big day!

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

LOve the room!! So cute!! Can't wait to see pics of oliver or Sohpia!! Love both names, by the way!! :)

Kristin said...

Britt, the room looks so cute!! You did a great job...now you just need to work on getting a real baby to put in there. :)

And I love the names you have picked out...not sure if you've mentioned them before and I just didn't pick up on it, but I love them!!

We will definitely be praying for y'all over the next couple of weeks. Be sure and keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

The nursery is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to hear when baby is here. I am sure Kristin will let me know and I will keep checking your blog to see pics. I will be praying for a smooth delivery. Take Care, and try to rest as much as possible!!!

Kristin said...

Hey girly...I just read on Kristin's blog that baby Ellis is coming TOMORROW! Yay! Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and Jamie. I pray that you have a peaceful nights rest tonight and that everything goes according to plan tomorrow. Keep us updated! :)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6-7