Monday, May 11, 2009

First Mother's Day


Look Reesie, I am wearing you from head to toe.


Is she beautiful or what? My precious gift.

My first Mother's Day was so special. On Friday afternoon I received beautiful red roses from my husband. Later that night we attended a double birthday party for our good friends from Canada. Saturday morning we spent quietly at home with a yummy breakfast we cooked together. We went to my niece's dance recital and Soph and I spent most of the time in the car, because she would need to eat when she woke up (not a public nurser b/c we can't be discreet). Following the recital we made a few pit stops and then headed home. Sophia had an awful afternoon and evening. She didn't eat for 8 hours and cried most of that time. We gave her two baths just to help her calm down. Finally at 11:30pm she ate and slept until 5:30am. Poor baby! We still aren't sure what was going on, except maybe a stomach ache. After she went to bed, I made these delicious cupcake bites. I got the idea from Bakerella's blog, which is so fun and she has super cute ideas for everything you can imagine. This was the second time I made these particular bites in two days. The first go-round was with Vicki and Gidget for my great friend Kari's birthday. Soph and I had to miss Kari's birthday festivities because of her eventful afternoon/evening. The second batch I made for Mother's day. See pics below. They are a lot of fun to make and quite a treat to eat. Sunday we got up and headed to church. Jaime also had a few more gifts for me, because he is great! For lunch we headed to the Ellis', in which Jorge had cooked a fabulous meal. Roast, roasted chicken, green bean casserole, rice, sister schubert rolls and some fantastic Halfmann's pies. Yummmy! We came home to rest and then headed to Mom and Dad's for supper. Blake and Brooks cooked hamburgers and chicken apple sausages. Again delicious! We then played Farkle and Pass the Pigs. My family loves games of all kinds. We got home just in time to bathe Sophia and call it a day. It was a fun-filled weekend and I am so incredible grateful to be a Mommy and to have such a great Mom.



Cupcake bites are so fun!!!

6 comments:

mimi said...

Great pic's brittney.....the bites were yummy and so was the pie...now I have had my sweets for the year...I'm glad your first mother's day was special, they grow to fast, enjoy her! I'm pretty blessed myself, I think I have the four greatest kids and I thank God for each and everyone of you. Not to mention the spouses and grandbabies they are extra special blessings..just love you all to pieces....love you, mom

Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Neal said...

Great pictures of you two!! She is beautiful!! Those things look super yummy!! :)

Roman's Roost said...

She is so beautiful! I need the recipe to those yummy treats. The kiddos would love them! Take care and have fun being a mommy.

Heather said...

She's precious. I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day/weekend.

Emily said...

Brittney, she is beautiful. Just like her momma! I just LOVE seeing new pictures of her!

mimi said...

happy 3 months sophia....love you, mimi and g-paw