Monday, July 6, 2009

Wowzers!

We have had a whirlwind of a time these last few weeks. Soph turned four months old, we hosted Reese's second "1st" birthday party, and we flew the coop and headed to Austin to visit some of our dearest friends, the Epley's. Mix in another birthday party for Aunt Lucie and the 4th of July and you will have our lives the past 8 days. Phewww!
My Spanish speaking (only) M.I.L. is on her way here for 3 weeks and my brain is not quite ready to think in two languages. It will be her first time to meet the little princess. I am praying Spanish will come quickly to my mind and my tongue.
Sophia is doing great and growing so much. Her personality is beginning to shine and her looks have changed. This is going by way to fast for my liking. On the 4th she had her first solids, home-cooked sweet potato. She loved it and did really well with the spoon. She can roll over, but sometimes gets stuck on her tummy. She is able to hold her toys and bring them to her mouth. She is belly laughing which will bless any heart. She is still nursing every 3 hours and gets up once or twice in the night. We are growing out of our miracle blanket and playard and into our crib. Still loves her binky and her Hohee (silky blanket). She is such a loving and beautiful baby girl and I am so proud to be her Mom.
The 4th marked a special time for us because that is the day we found out we were pregnant. I remember watching the fireworks with Jaime by my side, both of us grinning from ear to ear and filled with joy because God had so richly blessed us with a child. Here we are with a healthy bombolina and I could not be happier, nor more thankful. Enjoy the pics and I will be back because I have so much more to say. Pics from the Austin trip coming next.


4 month pics. Not too happy this time either.

Look how big she is getting.

Tummy time.

Birthday princess

Love this. I think she is looking for her toes.

Happiness at last. Still sporting the cloth!!

4 comments:

mimi said...

Sweet sweet baby soph.........it does go by way too fast.........enjoy it as much as you can because next thing you know it she will be crawling, then walking, then going off to kindergarten, graduating high school, then college, then getting married and having children of her own...Where does the time go????????????? Enjoy the MIL the two weeks will fly by faster than you know....love you all, mom

Shaunna said...

She is so pretty Brit!! And I agree, it goes by waaayyy too fast!

Heather said...

I love her BIG blue eyes. What a precious girl. Enjoy your mother-in-law!

mimi said...

Happy 5 months old yesterday sophia, next thing you know you will be one years old....slow down....love you,,,,,mimi