Sunday, April 13, 2008

A New Home

No, we did not buy a new house, but we are currently making our house a home.  My husband had lived in this house for 3 years and he had not even fixed the holes left from the previous owners.  He was as happy as a clam.  Needless to say, when I came along the demolition began!  I started by ripping off this incredibly hideous forest green wallpaper that had gold lightning strikes in it.  Then I proceeded to rip up gross carpet in the master bath.  ----Long break for the wedding and adjusting to married life.---Since then we have painted the office, the kitchen and the master bath.  Then I accidentally melted the top panel on the fireplace, so of course we had to replace it.  The much anticipated replacement happened yesterday.  (approx. 4-5 mos. later)  

Sheesh!  Making this house a home, has come with much difficulty for me.  It should be fun, but I get easily overwhelmed with making too many decisions.  Growing up, we always rented houses and moved quite frequently, so I think this added to my decorating dilemmas.  It's funny how your childhood subconciously affects your adulthood in so many ways.  
Anyhow, this coming weekend I am hosting my sister's baby shower here.  It is her first child, a baby girl, Reese Berit, and I want it to be very special.  So this weekend we have been so very busy fixing up our house.  It is looking good and it feels like home.  I woke up so excited this morning.  One because it is the Sabbath, and two I have a mostly decorated home!  I am telling you when you have a hard time making up your mind, and when there are 100 things to do, requiring decisions, one tends to get a little bogged down.  So that is where I have been, in a funk.  I finally asked the Lord to help me and He did.  I am so thankful He hears us when we cry out to Him and that He answers.  Praise the Lord the cloud has lifted and the sun is shining.  He has taught me so much this week.  (Will post more later).    
Still trying to figure out the stomach issues.  The doc found nothing to worry about, but a condition called IBS.  I am trying out a new medicine and flax seed oil.  Did I tell you I strongly dislike taking pills, but here goes another round.  Prayerfully we can figure this out.
Lastly this is going to be a super busy week.  Here's how it will go, Lord willing:  Preschool M&W, Bunco M Pm, Staff Meeting T Pm, Stepping Up Bible Study W Pm, Sister's shower S Am, plus Jaime and I are going to get back into the routine of going to the gym at 5:30AM.  Add about 30 more minor errands and there I will be.  Whoa, this is a long post.  Have a blessed week!!  

6 comments:

mindy said...

Hey again, DuHu! I found your blog via Jamie's blog; you commented on one of her posts! I was really into reading all of the things that you have been doing since I last saw youo! It really sounds like the Lord is working in your life! It is very encouraging to read!!!

Ashley said...

You are so sweet, Brit. I just love you dearly. If you need help with anything this week for Kristin's shower on Saturday, let me know. I love to help!

Kristy said...

Hey Brittney! I want to see pics of your homey home--I know it looks wonderful! God's peace is what makes our homes really wonderful places--unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. I need to remember that as we get ready for baby. :)Crazy all the decisions to be made--A great piece of advice I received from a friend recently that has helped me with feeling overwhelmed is this: She said she prays each morning on the way to work that God would show her His will for that day. Then after work on the way home, she prays that again. At the end of the day, she has to be content that God's will was done--even if there are items left un-done on the to-do list. That has really helped me--seems so simple, but God cares for even the tasks that seem so minor in our lives each day.
Love you girl!
"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I". Psalm 61:2

Kristy said...

Brittney! 16 Weeks to go! Love you girl! Praying for your health too!

Kristy said...

Brittney! 16 Weeks to go! Love you girl! Praying for your health too!

Heather said...

Post some pic of your home. I would love to see it. Miss you.