Monday, April 28, 2008

one million + one

I am still alive!!  The shower was a hit!  My sister was so grateful and she really enjoyed herself, which is all I wanted.  Praise the Lord!  We are still working on the house and little by little it is coming together.  Saturday afternoon we had the choice of painting our bedroom or demolishing our back yard.  We opted for the sunshine and the demolition work.  Whoa!!  It turned out to be a massive job, and we are still pulling up vines.  We cut down 3 eliagnises, trimmed 2 rose bushes, and destroyed a 10 year overgrown honeysuckle vine.  This vine had taken over and was even growing into our neighbors tree top!  My "brown" thumb and hand are very sore and I caught some hamstring-itis.  I am so thankful my husband and I get to work on our house together.  It makes laborious jobs so much easier!  

This week I am finishing up the backyard, painting our bedroom, and cleaning the house all in preparation for my dear suegra.  That means Mother-in-law in spanish.  That's right!  My dear Judy is coming this Saturday and she will be staying for a whole month.  Did I mention she only speaks spanish???  I made it 2 weeks prior to the wedding when she stayed here, but I was not living here then.  I am looking forward to her coming, but a little nervous on the language part.  Sometimes she just laughs at me or gives up when I am trying to talk to her.  It is quite a scene.  My brother in law and his wife are also coming from Venezuela for their daughter's college graduation.  I have not met them yet, so I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.  It will be a big family reunion on Jaime's side in honor of Mother's Day and Gabi's (my niece) graduation.  We are praying the Lord will bless this time together and that there will be little to no drama.....  Have I mentioned that I love FAMILY!  All of it!  The good, bad, and ugly sides that make each of us stronger and more thankful for the Lord's grace and mercy.  I pray you have a blessed week and are reminded how wonderful your own family is!  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your mother in law only speaks spanish?!! wow..so what do you do? I can't remember how your spanish is..

oh and we definitely need pictures..of the house, your yard, the party, etc!

Brittney said...

I will post pics as soon as I sit down and load them on my computer. Everything is so hectic right now, so it may be later in the week or during the weekend. I can communicate decently well. I have a few years of spanish ed under my belt, but it is so different when you are conversating!! Wish me luck!

Kristin said...

Wow, sounds like y'all have been busy! I can't wait to see pictures of everything!! And I would be in BIG trouble if my mother-in-law only spoke spanish..."No habla espanol!"

Heather said...

The house is probably looking great, you have already done such a wonderful job. Good luck with the Spanish...I know I wouldn't know how to converse at all. I took German in highschool. That's the only foreign language I know (or used to know). Love you. Thanks for the letter by the way. I will write you soon!